XTAL ENTERPRISES (XTALENT) is bound by the provisions of the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act), including the Information Privacy Principles. As required under the IP Act, XTALENT protects the privacy of its service users and will only use personal information for lawful purposes consistent with the Information Privacy Principles.
Personal information is defined in the IP Act as ‘information or an opinion, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion’. It may include your name, address, phone number, email address, age, gender, your employer, or your job title.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Wherever possible, XTALENT will collect personal information directly from you with your consent. We collect personal information to help us provide responsive services and to promote and present content relevant to our audience. For example, we ask for personal information when you:
- subscribe to online services
- register for an event or purchase a ticket
- enter an online interactive or competition
- become an XTALENT Web Site Member or XTALENT Open Simulator Grid Member
- commence a business relationship with us
- correspond with us or make an enquiry over the internet or telephone.
XTALENT may also obtain your personal information from third parties, such as:
- event organisers, promoters, marketing providers, venues, sponsors and our business partners
- providers of third party applications which collect and share information
- people who provide us with your details to on send packages/gift vouchers
- third parties you refer to us.
If XTALENT collects personal information from third parties you refer to us, we will assume, and you will ensure, that you have made that third party aware of the referral and the purpose of the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal information.
Email messages may be monitored by our network support staff for system troubleshooting and maintenance purposes. XTALENT reserves the right to remove comments which it considers to be abusive, defamatory, discriminatory, off-topic, or unlawful.
When you communicate with XTALENT through social media sites or using applications provided by third parties (such as via your smart phone), your personal information may be collected from that communication (e.g. via Facebook Pixel). We assume that you have informed yourself of the ways in which such sites or applications can collect and disclose your personal information, and that you otherwise consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by such sites or applications (including disclosure to, and collection by, XTALENT). Check your settings with the relevant social media provider if you wish to opt out of this data collection.
XTALENT’s website may also use ‘session variables’ to collect and store information. Session variables are commonly used to store information such as preferences that you may have set when previously visiting our website. A session variable is like a cookie, but it is stored on XTALENT’s server (not on your computer).
This website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
XTALENT will take precautions to safeguard your personal data from loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. As a general rule, we store your personal information in our secure electronic databases.
From time to time, XTALENT may engage service providers to store personal information who could have servers located overseas. We ensure that our service providers are carefully chosen and have policies, procedures and systems in place to keep personal information secure.
At any time, you have the right to access, change or correct your personal information. Please advise us of any errors in your personal information or changes to your personal details, such as address, email address and phone number. You may be asked to provide evidence of your identity before a change can be made.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
XTALENT may disclose your personal information to:
- specific parties which we advised you of at the time we collected your personal information
- our professional advisers, contractors or other service providers we engage to carry out (or advise on) our functions and activities — for example, our mail service providers, marketing consultants and insurers (who may be located in Australia or overseas)
- any entity to which we are authorised or required by law to disclose your personal information (for example, law enforcement agencies, various Federal, State or Local Government bodies and public health agencies)
- with your consent (express or implied) — other entities.
For marketing purposes where it may be impracticable to seek consent, XTALENT may disclose personal data to third parties provided the following apply:
- There is no charge if you indicate that you do not want to receive communications.
- You have not indicated you do not want to receive the communications.
- Each communication prominently displays a notice about opting out of receiving further communications.
- Each communication includes relevant contact information for XTALENT.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
To make a request or enquiry contact:
Russell Island QLD 4184
T: +61 409 323 621